On Friday, the 8th of Sept., I was at the Falls Creek Conference grounds which is located between Chehalis and the coast. There were 17 men in the group from Shoestring Valley Community Church there. I had the privilege of speaking to them Friday evening and twice on Saturday. It was an unusual time as I was given 2 hours for each session. The book of Proverbs was chosen as the basis for what I had to say. The group was unusual also, as they like an interactive time for their meetings. This worked well for the time allotted and so in some ways I became a facilitator. We coverered Proverbs 1:1-7, touched on Proverbs 2 about what wisdom does, and then spent one session on Proverbs 4 on how to get wisdom and understanding. We all had a great time. The men were able to share a lot and it seemed that much bonding took place. I got home about 9:30 Saturday night.
Jeanie and I leave in a few minutes to meet Ked and Dianne Schoming from Alaska. They are on their annual trek "outside" with their motor home. We will have lunch at Spiffy's along I-5 about 1/2 hour from here.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment